Google+ Followers

Monday, February 1, 2016

A Victorian Ball

I know I have posted some pictures of my Civil War ballgown when I wore it as the Tooth Fairy or when I wore it to the Princess Festival with some different accessories, but I finally took some pictures of it worn correctly as a Civil War ballgown.

We went to a Victorian Ball with some friends we knew from Utah who now live in South Carolina. We arrived shockingly early for non-volunteers because we overestimated how long it would take us to get a table at the restaurant where we ate. My favorite part of the evening was being openly admired by a couple of little girls who were out to eat with their families. One little girl's mother said as I was passing, "She thinks you're some kind of princess." That made me smile. Of course, it was also wonderful to dance again. We have danced very little since moving to North Carolina (due to lack of time and funds, not due to lack of dancing opportunities here).

The evening was chilly, especially after the ball, so I arrived in my cape (and left in it).


No matter how chilly it is outside, I always wear my fan to balls because dancing can be sweaty work.

And of course, I wear proper white gloves.

None of these pictures show it extremely well, but the flowers and ribbons in my hair match the garland on my dress.

I love the way hoop skirts twirl!


This is a new friend I made at the ball that evening, and I loved her gown. (She gave me permission to post this picture.)

3 comments:

  1. What an awesome thing to do! Love the gowns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome thing to do! Love the gowns!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! And sorry I didn't reply sooner. Life has not been going the way I planned.

    ReplyDelete