I know I have already posted about my red Late Victorian gown a few times, but I have embellished it some more, and it's possibly still not done. Without further ado, pictures:
As you see, I added black lace and black bead trim to the edges of the bodice and the skirt hem. Overall, I like it much better this way, but I'm not completely sure how I feel about the lace at the neckline. I think I want to either take it off and sew it back on so that less of it shows (effectively making it narrower), or leave it on, but make it so that it angles out instead of slightly inward as it does now. I think I prefer the second option, but I'm not sure how to accomplish it. Part of the reason I want to change it is because I made the choker below specifically for this dress, but with the lace added, it doesn't show as well as planned. I am definitely open to opinions.
I don't need to say much about my day outfit of the same time period, but I have only included pictures of the skirt in the context of steampunk costumes, and this shows it with a corset under the blouse so that the waistband lays more correctly. I should have pressed it before taking these pictures, but I hate ironing.
I want to make a polonaise--probably green--to go over this, but I have other things to do first. Next post will be on some of Jon's clothes, and then on to new work.